cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Saving Emails to unique folders in sharepoint.

This is more of a "can i do it" post instead of a "how" post. 

I wish to improve the handover process in my area. Or even picking up where a colleague left off due to longterm sickness. 

We contact multiple customers by email and when handover occurs these emails are usually saved and forwarded on. However usually doesn't contain the full picture. 

Im wondering if it be possible for when emails come in (or go out) a copy is saved to sharepoint categorised by customer. This would hopefully be done by looking at the subject and seeing [customer number][customer name] 

I would assume we would need to host an excel spreadsheet on sharepoint as well to vlookup which folders are correct. 

Hope i explained this clearly enough. But do you think its possible or am i being too ambitious?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Anonymous 

To the best of my knowledge, you cannot enforce categories for a shared mailbox across all users.  Categories are set by each individual.

You may want to take a look at creating rules in the shared mailbox.  Here is a link to documentation on this topic.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

Technically, what you ask can be done but I don't believe it would be reliable.  Anytime you are relying on the subject being formatted in a specific way you are introducing a high probability of errors.  Would it be feasible to look at the from or to email addresses and take some action on that basis?

Scott
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @ScottShearer 

Thank you for your input, that would be a good idea as we are also working on a project to start routinely confirming correct email address on a correct basis. If we tied a document on sharepoint to what tests the email to also be used to categorise the emails then only one spreadsheet would have to be monitored and updated for both processes. 

Would you by chance be aware of any documentation that can assist with emails being sent being able to be categorised into individual folders ? 

@Anonymous 

To the best of my knowledge, you cannot enforce categories for a shared mailbox across all users.  Categories are set by each individual.

You may want to take a look at creating rules in the shared mailbox.  Here is a link to documentation on this topic.

Scott

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (5,192)