cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BalletBob
Advocate III
Advocate III

Saving attachment from email to OneDrive for Business, 0kb issue

Hi,  I have setup a flow to save attachments from Office 365 email to OneDrive for Business but the file is 0kb in ODfB.
Is this a known problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If that folder is in the root try to add a / in front of CRM-Reports. I understand that normall through the selector that is not needed. But it might be worth a try. See the following what works for me:

chrome_2016-05-04_15-07-02.png

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Lalit
Power Automate
Power Automate

Hi Ballet,

By default "On new email" trigger does not include attachement content. So the "One drive for business" action is getting empty attachment content and creating an empty file. You need to set "Include attachement" property on "On New Email trigger" to true, Also in this flow, the "On new email" trigger should run only for the emails with attachment. So you should set another property "Has attachment" to true.

Steps to configure this flow correctly:

1. Click on ... link on "On new email" card. It will expand the card and you will see bunch of configuration properties.

2. Set "Has Attachment" and "Include Attachment" properties to true.

I hope this clarifies.

Hi,

That makes sense.

So I added the two values as true but now the Flow is failing on the OneDrive for Business step. It won't expand to show me any error.

?

I have that configured to point to a folder, name is Name and content is Content.

flow.png

If that folder is in the root try to add a / in front of CRM-Reports. I understand that normall through the selector that is not needed. But it might be worth a try. See the following what works for me:

chrome_2016-05-04_15-07-02.png

View solution in original post

Great, thanks!

The leading / was needed in the folder name.

I had the same issue with 0kb files, but when I tried the solution proposed, no file is created in onedrive. Do you think it might have to do with my mail account being in Brazilian Portuguese? Inbox was not working and it only worked when I changed it to Caixa de Entrada. The problem is i cant try the Portuguese equivalent to True because it is not allowed.

Coen
Advocate III
Advocate III

Hey there,

I doubt language settings will affect results. You can try to re-make your flow and use the selector first. If that doesn't work, add the leading / again. Otherwise, perhaps the file is indeed empty and therefore not uploaded. But that is just speculation on my side.

Galaphile

Hi,

I activated the flow today (Save email attachments from Outlook.com to OneDrive for Business). It isn't working. This is the erorr:

header:

{
"Pragma": "no-cache",
"x-ms-request-id": "0a002b85-094b-4c1c-9828-32d41acaa774",
"X-Content-Type-Options": "nosniff",
"Cache-Control": "no-cache",
"Date": "Fri, 14 Oct 2016 12:06:41 GMT",
"Set-Cookie": "ARRAffinity=9baa5eae28762753e8560769580ceb7f5ed6dea8263accdabd5c3d4553373ac7;Path=/;Domain=127.0.0.1",
"Server": "Microsoft-IIS/8.0,Microsoft-HTTPAPI/2.0",
"X-AspNet-Version": "4.0.30319",
"X-Powered-By": "ASP.NET",
"Content-Length": "208",
"Content-Type": "application/json; charset=utf-8",
"Expires": "-1"
}

body:

{
"status": 500,
"message": "Errore sconosciuto: {\"error\":{\"code\":\"RequestBroker-ParseUri\",\"message\":\"Syntax error at position 27 in 'DateTimeReceived gt 2016-10-14T09.21.01Z'.\"}}",
"source": "127.0.0.1"
}

The attachements should be saved in "/Email_attachments"

Now it works. Very strange..

Is it possible to setup flow to move email attachments from exisitn email to onedrive

GoCloud

I have a work around.. create your flow as normal.. add your own email address in "From" then go back to outlook client and create a rule to forward those mails back to yourself.. turn off outlook client rule after initial run... it worked for me

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,090)