cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samantha65

Saving email attachments to SharePoint Online - changing libraries

Hi there

I have no problem creating a Flow to save email attachments to a specific library, but is there a way to put a Save As, to change the destination library before saving the attachment?

Not all attachments are saved in the same libary within the same site.

Much appreciated.

Samantha

4 REPLIES 4
v-yuazh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Samantha65,

Could you please share a screenshot of the configuration of your flow?

Will you get multiple email attachments in the flow and want to save the attachements in different libraries?

If you would get multiple email attachments in the flow and want to save the attachements in different libraries,how would you check which attachment would save in which libraries?

If you would get multiple email attachments in the flow and want to save the attachements in different libraries,you could add a condition to check for the attachments and then save in different libraries, the screenshot of the flow as below:

Capture.PNGCapture2.PNG

Best regards,

Alice

Samantha65

Alice

I could receive multiple attachments, and it's possible that different attachments would need to be saved into different libraries within the same site. This would be determined by the user at the time of saving the files.

This is the crux of my problem. I'm new to Flow and am using a template OOTB which works fine if you don't need the option of selecting a different library when saving the attachments.

Capture.PNG

So, the only thing I need to do is give the user the option of selecting a library to save the attachment/s rather than pre-defining it in the Flow.

Cheers

Samantha

Hi @Samantha65,

If you would like give the user the option of selecting a library to save the attachment, I afraid that the only way is to add a "send an email with options" action for each attachment, and then the flow would save the attachment in different library based on the user options in the reply email.

Best regards,

Alice

Alice

Thanks for the prompt reply. Is this the wrong approach? From your reply it sounds like this is only option, which is fine, but is this the wrong way to go about saving email attachments into a library of my choosing?

Does your option mean that the user receives another email back for each attachment in an email asking them which library they wish to save the attachment in? If I'm correct, I can't see users wanting to adopt this approach.

They are currently saving attachments to their desktop and then dragging them in SP. Is there another approach other than Flow?

Cheers

Samantha

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,528)