cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ahmed_Wagdi

Schedule Power Automate Button Click in Power BI Reprot

Hello Gents, I have a Power BI report, and i managed to insert a power automate button, once clicked, it updates an excel sheet on the cloud with a new rows includes data already viewed in the report. for some reasons, i need to collect this data once daily, even no change in the values, so i have to click it manually once everyday.

my questions is, is there any way i can schedule this button click or to trigger this flow automatically without clicking everyday ? Thanks in advance..

2 REPLIES 2
srduval
Super User
Super User

Where is the data coming from behind the power bi report? If you can get access to the source object if it is in SQL you can extract the data directly from there. 

If you have premium capacity, you could try creating a paginated report and using the export report option then parse the file contents into the excel document.

Lastly if you can setup the API to run a dax query against a power BI dataset, this is not the most DIY friendly approach since it potentially requires some IT assistance to setup and approve the azure application required to build out the API connection.

DYMT
Regular Visitor

I'd love to be able to do this too! 

I feel like I've seen an article saying it can be done with an http request setup for this but i can't find it!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (4,996)