cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JamesRobson
Frequent Visitor

Scheduled Desktop Flow Conflicting Attended/Unattended Errors??

Absolute newbie to PA so I'll try to explain my issue as best I can...

Had a server setup that I remote desktop onto when I leave I just close the remote connection, I don't shutdown or log off the server.

Got the premium package that allows me to schedule desktop flows

Built "DesktopFlow01" that simply opens Word types 'flow works' and saves to desktop (nothing fancy and it works when running manually)

Built "TestFlow01" scheduled to run at 14:00 and run the DesktopFlow01 this is set to run as attended

Built "TestFlow02" scheduled to run at 14:10 and run the DesktopFlow01 this is set to run as Unattended

Come back at 14:30 to the following error messages

TestFlow01:
No unlocked user sessions found on the target machine. Cannot execute attended desktop flow.

TestFlow02:
There is a user session (id: 6, state: Disconnected) on the target machine. Cannot execute unattended desktop flow.

But these 2 messages seem to contradict each other?!? What am I missing? Had a google but not finding any setups quite the same with this issue.

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesRobson
Frequent Visitor

Managed to resolve this, in order to run Unattended I needed to sign out of the Server rather than just ending the Remote Desktop connection. It seems you can't get PA to run Desktop flows on a server that has just had the connection ended as it is neither logged in properly or logged out.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JamesRobson
Frequent Visitor

Managed to resolve this, in order to run Unattended I needed to sign out of the Server rather than just ending the Remote Desktop connection. It seems you can't get PA to run Desktop flows on a server that has just had the connection ended as it is neither logged in properly or logged out.

barret
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Correct. If you just disconnect, you are still logged in to the system, but locked. It's the same as if you locked your local PC using Win-L keys. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (2,617)