Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ian_C
Helper II
Helper II

Scheduled flow still running

Hi, 

I have set up a scheduled flow to run daily.  The flow runs through a list of Risks and Issues using a Get items action with a filter on this list to pull out incomplete entries where the target date is less than now. This returns 28 items.
The flow then calls a master project list to retrieve the project manager of each particular R&I and then emails them a reminder.

Two days ago this flow was running fine and took about 2 minutes to run. Since yesterday this scheduled job has been running and doesn't seem to complete. I cancelled yesterday's run after an hour. Currently todays jobs are still running (so far for an hour) and I will leave them for a lot longer.

No changes have been made to the workflow.  Does anyone know of why a job would not complete, is anyone else having htis issue?

5 REPLIES 5
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@Ian_C 

I don't have a solid answer for you but my first troubleshooting steps would be as follows:

• Take a look at the Flow that is currently running - where is it getting stuck?
  • Open/Edit/Save the Flow
    • Does it generate any errors?
    • Start the Flow again manually and see if it completes as expected

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott
Ian_C
Helper II
Helper II

@ScottShearer 

Many thanks, I have Open/Editied and Saved with no errors. 

Also I have fired it off manually and it runs, sends the emails and then just hangs.

My flow is a daily run:

Ian_C_0-1606837633749.png

This only needs to run on a weekday  so in the false section of this condition it does a get items on the list to pick up items which are not closed and the action date is less than now.

Ian_C_1-1606837783850.png

This part successfully runs and returns 28 items from today's run

Then I do a look up to a master list on the parent site for each of the returned items

Ian_C_2-1606837914032.png

Then if the action due date is not equal to today (as I only want entries in the past) I get the Project manager, check that they still work for us ! and then send them an email

Ian_C_3-1606838068260.png

Ian_C_4-1606838292448.png

Thing is this was working fine a couple of days ago and only took just over a minute to run, nothing has changed and now what is happening is that the workflow runs, the emails are being sent to the correct Project managers but then the workflow just doesn't complete and carries on running for hours. 
I have cancelled todays one as it was running for over 6 hours. 

@Ian_C 

Thanks for the additional detail.

I suggest creating a simple Flow that runs with a recurrence trigger set it to run something like once a minute,  It doesn't matter what the Flow does, so just add a compose action after the trigger.  Save the Flow and see if it starts and ends as expected (then remember to turn off or delete...).

If it does, then you might try simply recreating your Flow - it looks like you should be able to recreate in 30 minutes or less.  I can't say why your Flow is acting in the way that it is, but I suspect you'll spend less time recreating the Flow than you will trying to fix it.

Just my opinion....

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott
Ian_C
Helper II
Helper II

@ScottShearer 
Thanks I'll give it a go

Ian_C
Helper II
Helper II

Hi, tried this and no difference.

Oddly after a couple of days this seemed to clear itself. 

I believe that the issue was external to this workflow and was down to too many notifications trying to access the 365 accounts at the same time as on delving in we found a 429 error code.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (1,707)