Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Searching for Flows in Power Automate

Hi there,

I'm looking for a way to search for Power Automate flows that are within solutions.  When working with workflows, we also placed these into solutions to move between environments, but we didn't have to go into the solution to find the workflow.  There was a place for all the workflows that we could locate within CRM, so they could be found later.

While working in solutions is great, with Power Automate there doesn't seem to be a way to see all the flows on one page.  I'm currently trying to hunt for a flow, that I know is working, and I need to see how it is put together.  But I can't find it.  It is in a solution but I don't know where.  I've used the magnifying glass on the right, but it isn't coming up in the search.  Is there a way to see all the flows?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Re: Searching for Flows in Power Automate

@Tarjani Yes, what we do is run them on a daily schedule for any flows that were created/updated in the last day.

From there we use these action to save all details about the flow to a SP list then it becomes to do any sorting/searching you need.

You can also do the same thing to save the JSON content of the flow to a SP document library which gives you a backup and version control for you flows.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

The company renamed Microsoft Flow as Power Automate, added robotic process automation (RPA) features to Power Automate and launched Power Virtual Agents. Microsoft's pitch for the Power Platform is that anyone at your company can be a developer.

Highlighted
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi @Tarjani ,

Try using the flows connector to get a list of all flows in your environment and then you should be able to get the name and link to the flow from there.

2020-05-08_2002_001.png

Hope this helps,

Sam

Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Thanks for this @SamPo, I didn't know about these actions.  I've had a quick look through the options - they look great!

Can you advise how these kind of actions are generally triggered?  I imagine it is dependent on what you are trying to do, but the main thing I've been able to see so far is to use them with a schedule that updates a list on SharePoint

Highlighted
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@Tarjani Yes, what we do is run them on a daily schedule for any flows that were created/updated in the last day.

From there we use these action to save all details about the flow to a SP list then it becomes to do any sorting/searching you need.

You can also do the same thing to save the JSON content of the flow to a SP document library which gives you a backup and version control for you flows.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Thanks @SamPo !

The sites I'd seen didn't add context around doing the sharepoint list, but this makes sense.  I think I"ll be doing a little bit of learning on this area in the very near future.  Thanks again  🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Super User Program Update

Three Super User rank tiers have been launched!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

Join the new Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Users online (8,365)