Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jamesjson
Helper III
Helper III

Security on SharePoint list

Hi,

I am going to create a form and use PowerApps/flow to store the information (maybe somewhere like a SharePoint list). Is there a way for the requestor of the form to access their information without letting them view other people's information? This form will be used throughout the company and people will use it multiple times. I want people to only access their information. Is there a way to restrict this or another solution?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
mohsinkhalid
Resolver II
Resolver II

A different approach could be utilizing CDS to store the data and then applying record level security to it. I will let the sharepoint experts speak on the SharePoint side.

PURNA429
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi @jamesjson ,

There are couple of thoughts from my end :

1. Setting up permissions on list items by breaking the inheritance from parent using Power Automate.  Below is a link which has a sample of setting up item level permissions. ( Thanks to Siddarth for writing up this article )

Setting up Item level permissions in Power Automate 

2. Other option : This is just a work around to hide the data from users but cannot be considered as solution  . 

• Make the list as non-searchable ( Go to List settings and turn off search )
  • Create a Personal View on the list ( as a admin/owner  ) through which admin can see all list items
  • Delete all existing default list views .
  • Create one more public view say for example "My Requests" with filter as "Created by=[Me]".
  • Add this list on to a Site Page/Home Page as a Webpart and share it with users. So users wont have option of accessing the list ( until unless they are familiar with SP List items and their url functioning ). 

If this answered your question, please mark this question as answered and if you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up .

Thanks

Purna

Blog 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Users online (2,282)