cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kels89
Helper I
Helper I

Select Data Operation adding apply to each, preventing output from being usable

I've made similar flows many times without issues. I need to use select and initialize variable to create a string of email addresses from a multi-person field in Sharepoint to add as recipients in an email. Below is how I normally do it without issue: 

Screen Shot 2021-01-24 at 4.56.44 PM.png

However, my most recent flow is adding an apply to each on the Select data operation, which doesn't allow me to use the output in Initialize variable. 

Screen Shot 2021-01-24 at 4.47.27 PM.png

Do you have any recommendations on a better way to do this or to get the apply to each gone on the select data operation?

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your first image shows from as assigned (recipient?) and the second shows from as group recipients. Should these be the same field?

If that is correct, and you think there should only be one item in the group recipients, you could try using the first function to extract the content and avoid the apply to each loop.

They shouldn't be the same field as the first screenshot was from a flow that was working. They were built identical, but slightly different names for the fields. And there should be more than one items in the Group Recipients field. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (4,020)