Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JB0007
Helper V
Helper V

Select Items from Array Variable

Hi, Power Automate Community,

I am have flow were I want to select the columns in a array variable (Append to Array Variable).

High Level view of flow:

JB0007_0-1634224413142.png

The Append to Variable is in the Apply to each 3 component:

JB0007_1-1634224524547.png

Thereafter, I have the Select component in order select the items from the Array Variable:
(I could have used create HTML table for this, but I need to format the HTML table in proper structure and I can only achieve this with the Select component, as you can see I have formatted the column width, colors etc).

JB0007_2-1634224579593.png

I have used the item expression: item(variables('HTML Table'))?['Task_Number'(The name of the variable and column name in the variable) but I am getting an error:

JB0007_3-1634224889569.png

Can someone please help me with this.

Any help will be much appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @FreeNit ,

Yes, I have used this code item()?['Name of your column'] in the expression tab of the select module.

Let me know if it helps.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ekarim2020
Super User
Super User

See the following video which gives a step-by-step tutorial on how to create formatted HTML tables in Microsoft Power : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnWg-Eox37Q

Ellis

Hi @ekarim2020 , thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately the video provided in the link didn't provide a solution to my problem.

But I needed to change my formula from: item(variables('HTML Table'))?['Task_Number'] -> item()?['Task_Number'].

So I needed to remove the parameters from the email.

Thanks again!

Hello @JB0007 .

I have the same problem.
Have you already found a way how to get data from the array of objects into the select module?

Hi @FreeNit ,

Yes, I have used this code item()?['Name of your column'] in the expression tab of the select module.

Let me know if it helps.

Yes, it helps.
Thank you very much!!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (2,720)