cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BridgetZ
Level: Powered On

Re: Send Approval Email Body Formating

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi @JC75, we had the same issue here. I dont think it is possible tbh. the only possible way would be some text trickery if the list stores the carriage returns as a character that isnt displayed which you could then use as a line break in the email formatting. I dont think it works this way though...

We are running into this issue, has anyone found a way to fix this? 

In desperate need of a real fix for this issue too... instead of a clunky workaround that does not appear to work for everyone 😞 

Mtnkat13

I am also curious about this functionality.  Can someone advise when an update will be made in the system to allow HTML formatting that is similar to the "Send an email (V2)" option?

eschrader

Microsft Flow approval email templates do NOT support HTML at this time.

However, they do support lightweight markup called “Markdown”.

Markdown Guide: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/flow/approvals-markdown-support

You can do basic stuff like headings, etc. I was unable to get the table example of markdown to work though.

markdown flow example.PNGFlow approval markdown.PNG

Post anything neat that you come up with here.

It's specifically the table template I am looking to incorporate to my approval emails so this is not a suitable solution either, unfortuantely 😞 😞 

Highlighted
Mtnkat13

I was able to get some of the formatting to work like the bolding and italics.  Is there any formatting that allows for color to be added to the fonts?

staceylaney

This worked beautifully! Thanks!

ddperk80

You can insert a JSON expression in place of a <br> to move down to the next line.

json('{"NL":"\n"}')?['NL']

json.PNG

YatinMumbai

Flow approval markdown works perfectly in Outlook Web Access but fails in Outlook 2016 client. Any suggestions why this inconsistency?

BKNelson

Solved it - thanks!

BeverlyF
Level: Power Up

html line breaks do not seem to work now that this has become power automate.  They were working for microsoft flow.  What is the solution here, because I can't have managers reading an email that looks like goobly **bleep**.  Looks like this problem has been out there for a long time.  <br /> doesn't work </b> doesn't work.  Basic HTML doesn't work.  Please provide a real solution.

Thanks!

BKNelson

Use a JSON, perhaps?

json('{"NL":"\n"}')?['NL']

Super User
Super User

@BeverlyF click the code</> button at the top left of the body part of the email and then add your text, columns from the dynamic content and HTML tags. It works very well and is necessary if you are going to anything like add a link or an image into the email.

3-sendEmail.png

4-emailResult.png

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

eschrader

Send an email is not the same as "send Approval email" action. This thread is about the Create an Approval flow action only supporting Markdown and not html.

approval.PNG

Super User
Super User

My mistake, it was in the title but not mentioned in the text so I missed it.

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Join us for the first ever Power Platform Online Conference!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Users online (5,189)