cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send Approval Request based on option selected in MS Form

Hi All!

I have created a flow where an Approval Request is generated when a user fills a MS Form and on approval, user gets added to a MS teams group, which is working fine.

However, I am now trying to direct approval requests to specific people, based on any of the five options/category available in the one of the Qs in MS Form. I am not from technical background and very new to Power Automate. 
I'd very much appreciate if someone could please guide me on how to direct approval request to specific person. This is the current Flow setup. Let me know if any other information is needed.
@ScottShearer  could you please help.

GauravAgarwal11_0-1620152962778.png

GauravAgarwal11_1-1620153365433.png

6 REPLIES 6
ricardox180
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi @GauravAgarwal11 . Do you use the approver's username as an option in MS Forms? If the answer is yes, you could use that field in Power Automate and put the value on "Assigned to".

Hope it helped you

If this post answers your question, please mark my post as a solution!
If you like my post please click thumb up

@ricardox180 Thank you for responding. However, the assigned to field needs to be dynamic (email address) based on the Answer selected in MS Forms

@GauravAgarwal11 Did you try to use a switch statement? Based on the answer you can try something like this:

ricardox180_2-1623420480338.png

Then, in each case, you could assign a respective approver based on the Answer selected in MS Forms.

Hope it helped you

If this post answers your question, please mark my post as a solution!
If you like my post please click thumb up

DataFailure
Helper II
Helper II

Hi @GauravAgarwal11 
Try adding in a condition just after the 'Get response details' action. Then in the yes side you can add in the approval part of the flow. On the no side you can add another condition for your next form option and so on.

DataFailure_0-1623422136198.png

If that feels like it would be un manageable set up a separate flow for each of the options - using this method you'd only need the first condition step and would just leave the no side blank

@ricardox180 @DataFailure 
Thank you both!! I merged both suggestions and it worked like a charm!!

Excellent @GauravAgarwal11,. Greetings!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (4,240)