cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
QRob
Regular Visitor

Send Bulk Email with no reply allowed

Hi,

I need to send update email to hundreds of people a day. Is there a way of preventing the email recipient from being able to reply? I need a one way employee comms approach. 

Also if I use a shared email account is there a way to remove on behalf of?

Much appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
eric-cheng
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @QRob ,

You can use the SharePoint API to send via your no-reply@sharepointonline.com email here.  Not sure if the same works with the outlook send email action From (send as) field.

You can also use the Mail connector here which will send from microsoft@powerapps.com but there are volume limits.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark my post as a solution
If you have found my response helpful, please give it a thumbs up

Connect on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
eric-cheng
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @QRob ,

You can use the SharePoint API to send via your no-reply@sharepointonline.com email here.  Not sure if the same works with the outlook send email action From (send as) field.

You can also use the Mail connector here which will send from microsoft@powerapps.com but there are volume limits.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark my post as a solution
If you have found my response helpful, please give it a thumbs up

Connect on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

poweractivate
Community Champion
Community Champion

@QRob 

You can use the approach by @eric-cheng 

The domain is owned by Microsoft, so it is safe:

82221-sharepointonline.png

In case an internal policy or company policy does not allow you to trust the above, or there is concern of the unlikely event the above changes, you may need to have an alternate custom top level domain name of your own for only this purpose, and set it up so it will just always bounce (e.g. configure it as separate Office 365 domain but don't have any users on it at all so it always bounces with a no user found error, or something like that). If you do this custom domain, you also may not have to use the custom HTTP request and just use a native out of the box Send an Email with Outlook request.

If it doesn't matter for you, then you can just use the solution by @eric-cheng with no-reply@sharepointonline.com

Alternatively, if you are OK with using same custom domain where real e-mails already come out from but just no-reply as the prefix, like no-reply@example.com (where example.com is your real domain), you can have an Exchange rule set up - a routing rule where mail received on no-reply will be Rejected (which will send a non-delivery email too automatically that the e-mail was rejected, and it will not arrive on your inbox). You can do similar approach in the separate domain as well if you prefer the separate domain e.g. example.org instead of example.com. This way you can use a custom domain if you want, have full control over it, and also avoid the use of the custom HTTP request as well and use out of the box Send an Email from Outlook Action instead, and still have a no-reply address.

VictorIvanidze
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Create a distribution list noreply@yourdomain.com with no members and send as this list.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,375)