Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PhilippZu
Helper I
Helper I

Send Email to persons of another list

Dear Community,

I have an issue that I just cannot figure out how to do that.

I have two Sharepoint Lists (Change Request = List 1 and Locations = List 2). Whenever a new element gets created in the Change Request list, which will be done via a form in the PowerApp, an e-mail should be send to the respective persons that are responsible for that change based on the location. 

So change request includes the column "affected locations", which is a lookup column in the Locations list and equals the entries "Title" in Locations. In the Locations list, there is also a column "BO-Admin" which is a person /group column that allows multiple entries.

However, it is not possible to get these entries shown in the first SHP List (Change Request) > does not work via Lookup. Within the PowerApp, I have not quite figured out to show the multiple entries for the BO-Admins in the form for a new change request (lookup only shows the first entry and I did not get the "Filter" function to work to show all names).

Therefore I am trying to get the names directly in Power Automate: When a new entry is created > get items (Filter, where Title eq 'affected locations' > send e-mail. Until now I cannot figure out what dynamic content should be put into the *To: field, that should be the persons that are in the column BO-Admin. 

I have been looking through all communities but I couldn't figure out the right solution yet. Also get items does not show the persons at all, when I am choosing the content, to whom I want to send the mail. I assume this is because it is a mulitple value field?

Please find below two screenshots of the two lists:

affected locations is the lookup column that lets me choose the "Title" out of the list Locations

But I would neet to send an email to all persons in the column BO-Admin

PhilippZu_0-1627462889244.png

PhilippZu_1-1627462909246.png

Thank you very much in advance for your help! 

Regards

Phil

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
eric-cheng
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @PhilippZu ,

Please refer to the below.

1) Initialize a string variable

ericcheng_0-1627513266179.png

2) I have a SP List with a multi select people / group field.  

ericcheng_4-1627513556982.png

3) Get the properties of the item and then add an Append to string variable action.  Select Dynamic content and select the Email field as shown in the screenshot and add a semi colon at the end of the dynamic content field.  Flow will add it within a loop

ericcheng_5-1627513668427.png

4) Add the string variable to the To field of your Send email action

ericcheng_3-1627513517918.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark my post as a solution
If you have found my response helpful, please give it a thumbs up

Connect on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
eric-cheng
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @PhilippZu ,

So you are trying to email everyone in the BO-Admin field?

If you parse the people field value from your Get Items action, you will be able to loop through the email value as shown in the screenshot.  You can then use an Append to String action with a semicolon in between e.g. email@email.com;email2@email.com

Screenshot_20210729-001536_Chrome.jpg

Connect on LinkedIn

PhilippZu
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @eric-cheng ,

exactly. Thank you for your reply. Could you further extend your explanation by adding screenshots? Based on what schema do you parse? Could you provide the code and more detailed infos of the flow?

Thank you in advance!

eric-cheng
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @PhilippZu ,

Please refer to the below.

1) Initialize a string variable

ericcheng_0-1627513266179.png

2) I have a SP List with a multi select people / group field.  

ericcheng_4-1627513556982.png

3) Get the properties of the item and then add an Append to string variable action.  Select Dynamic content and select the Email field as shown in the screenshot and add a semi colon at the end of the dynamic content field.  Flow will add it within a loop

ericcheng_5-1627513668427.png

4) Add the string variable to the To field of your Send email action

ericcheng_3-1627513517918.png

Connect on LinkedIn

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Users online (1,676)