cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
syhrh
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Send Email with Options Issue

Hi, I tried using Send Email with Options for approval. But there are 2 places that display the Approve and Reject buttons as you can see from the picture. Why's that happened?

anonymous21_0-1660617370630.png

This is my flow.

anonymous21_1-1660617597594.png

anonymous21_2-1660617624106.png            anonymous21_3-1660617649452.png

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

That would be because that switch would disable the use of the adaptive card.  Glad you found a solution.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

What email client are you using?  This is usually caused by an email client that isn't the latest version.  As a result the adaptive card support doesn't work exactly as it should. Try looking at it in Office 365 Outlook online.  Here's an example of a simple one I did.

image.png

But when I look at it in Outlook 2019 I get the same double entry as you.

image.png

@Pstork1 When I set the Use Only HTML Message to Yes, the double entry is no more. 

anonymous21_0-1660705401790.png

Thank you for relpying.

That would be because that switch would disable the use of the adaptive card.  Glad you found a solution.

@Pstork1 Thank you for that explanation.

BJZ

@Pstork1  In our case the problem is that the HTML buttons return only the selected option, but not the email of the user who pressed the button, which would break the flow. But when we hide the HTML message, there is no way to include a clickable link in the message body, the user would have to copy & paste it from the adaptive card into a browser, which is not an acceptable solution. Any advice?
@binnu 

Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

There is no way to send an adaptive card if email support is turned off.  Not sure what you mean when you say it doesn't include the email of the person who pressed the button.  That would be the email address of the From in the reply.  But I don't know of any workaround other than using HTML if you want an adaptive card.

BJZ

@Pstork1 @binnu when the user who receives the email with options clicks one of the buttons on the adaptive card, there is no email sent back, it just returns four values to the flow: SelectedOption, UserEmailAddress, TenantId and UserId. But if the user clicks one of the HTML buttons, it only returns the SelectedOption, nothing else. What we want to achieve is that the HTML buttons can be hidden without hiding the Header text, which contains the clickable link to the documents to be approved, or hide the Header text as well and instead have a clickable link on the adaptive card itself. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Users online (1,935)