cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Send Email with Options displays error message The workflow is not in 'Running' state..

I had created an approval workflow using 'Send Email with Options' action about a year ago. It was working as expected until recently I start getting an error message "The workflow is not in 'Running' state. It was completed or cancelled." But the workflow is working, it captures user response, Approved or Reject, and updates status in SharePoint list. Instead showing success message it shows an error message. Has anyone encounter this behaviour?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Send Email with Options displays error message The workflow is not in 'Running' state..

Hi @mkhan 

It could be a version update or something. Could you please remove the current step send email with options and add it again?

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Send Email with Options displays error message The workflow is not in 'Running' state..

Thanks for the prompt response. I did delete the action and added it again but the same error message. I also created a new workflow and got the same error. As I mentioned workflow works but displays wrong message. It has created a lot of confusion to the users.

The outlook version we use:

Microsoft Outlook for Microsoft 365 MSO (16.0.12730.20144) 32-bit

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @mkhan 

Thanks for your prompt response. Could you please post some screenshots of run time history of your flow?

Thanks

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi, 

I opened a ticket with Microsoft. They came up with the following response:

"Issue is not from flow end, it is because of the latest version of desktop outlook client which is having problem. We have filed a work item for this from our end  to improve the service but as of now there is no ETA for this.

You can also rollback to the previous version of desktop client that will help you in this scenario."

The version of outlook that we are using is 

Microsoft Outlook for Microsoft 365 MSO (16.0.12730.20144) 32-bit

Thanks,

Mk

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @mkhan 

Thought the upgrades are backward compatible but looks like not in this scenario. It's good know and thanks for your update.  

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Super User Program Update

Three Super User rank tiers have been launched!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (9,072)