Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
diepic
Resolver II
Resolver II

Send Mail when a file is added on Sales 365

Hi all

I need to send a mail to direction when a new file is added on Sales 365.
I try to act on table DOCUMENTS when a file is added or modify, but no mail was sent.

thanx for any help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @diepic,

SharePoint Document is a virtual table, I don't know if it actually returns any data.

I also found this known issue listed in the Doc Management Microsoft doc:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/doc-management-known-issues#sharepoint-documen...

Alternatively, you might be able to use a when a file is created (properties only) action from the SharePoint connector instead.

Happy to help out! 🙂

Interested in more #PowerAutomate #SharePointOnline or #PowerVirtualAgents content?
Visit my blog, Subscribe to my YouTube channel or Follow me on Twitter

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @diepic,

Just to double check, are you using SharePoint Document locations and uploading a file in there? 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/create-edit-document-location-records

Or are you talking about adding the file as attachment in like the Activity timeline/notes of a record?

And do you have a screenshot of your current setup of your flow?

Happy to help out! 🙂

Interested in more #PowerAutomate #SharePointOnline or #PowerVirtualAgents content?

diepic
Resolver II
Resolver II

thanx @Expiscornovus 
in this case I'm working on table SharepoinDocument

Hi @Expiscornovus 

In this case I'm talking about SharePointDocument Table

Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @diepic,

SharePoint Document is a virtual table, I don't know if it actually returns any data.

I also found this known issue listed in the Doc Management Microsoft doc:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/doc-management-known-issues#sharepoint-documen...

Alternatively, you might be able to use a when a file is created (properties only) action from the SharePoint connector instead.

Happy to help out! 🙂

Hi @Expiscornovus 
thanx for your replay, so I can not have a list of documents

diepic_0-1662539664355.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Users online (3,874)