cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Send Multiple Approval Emails in a For Each all at once.

So I'm querying a SQL Database, Filtering the results, and then for each row sending an approval email. 

I would like all of the emails to send simultaneously but I'm assuming due to the nature of approval emails the flow only sends one email at a time and only sends the next email once a choice in the previous approval email is selected. 

Is there a way to send all emails all at once? (i.e. if after filtering there are 8 rows, the For each then sends 8 approval emails all at once)

ForEach.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Send Multiple Approval Emails in a For Each all at once.

Hi @MWilliams86,

I have seen similar request before in other threads, this is not possible so far in Flow, please consider to submit an idea in Flow Ideas forum, so it might be considered for future releases.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Regards,

Mona Li

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MWilliams86,

I have seen similar request before in other threads, this is not possible so far in Flow, please consider to submit an idea in Flow Ideas forum, so it might be considered for future releases.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Regards,

Mona Li

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

That is unfortunate. 

Thanks

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Were you able to get this to work? Currently, we are trying to send out Emergency notifications to all users in a distro group (based off of location). I was able to do a "apply to each" to split all users out of the group, and then send an email to all approvers (using this so that the users can respond with "I'm OK, Not in the area, I need help". This was the only way could figure out how to collect info from the users in an email. The problem I have is the same as above- It sends to the first user, but then waits until they answer before sending to the other users. I need it to send to all simultaneously. 

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Sadly, no, this is still an issue, but luckily my user group is fairly small so communicating the limitations of Flow assisted in moving this process along. 

I have an idea posted but it's not getting any traction: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/Allow-quot-For-Each-quot-with-an-actionable-item-to-b...

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

So, I have a flow that my boss asked me to create for our company to notify users in a distro group of an Emergency event.... such as Hurricane Irma, Active shooters, etc. I needed to send each user an "approval" email where they had 3 choices - I'm ok, Not in the area, I need help. 

I was able to get the users and split each one out to send the approval message; however, flow would not send simultaneously. It would only send the first email to the first user, wait for a response, and then send to the next. Obviously, this would not work. I did solve my problem by looping through the distro email, pulling each user out, and then creating a list item in another list. Then, I ran another flow to send the approval email on "when a new item is created".  I needed to capture each user's response anyway, so I just reversed the process. That way, I wasn't waiting for the first person to approve. 

1. Create an "Emergency" announcement list

2. Create an "employee tracker" list

3. Create a flow on "When an item is created" in the announcements list-  to loop through distro list (case depending on location of event) and create new item in employee tracker list

4. Create a flow on "When an item is created" in the employee tracker list- which sends approval email to the user email pulled from the flow in announcement

If you have any questions, I'd be glad to export my flow, or provide screen shots. Obviously this isn't the optimal solution- as a flow runs on every list item for each user in a distro group instead of just one; however, until flow implements the ability to send simultaneous emails for approval, this will work. 

Highlighted

hello Jones2271.  Can you share the two flows pls?  I also need a solution to the same problem.  Thank you!

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

How can I send you the flow?

Highlighted

I'm thinking if you can share the screenshot of your flows through insert photos here?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I can export the flow if  you have somewhere I can send it to. (I can't attach here).

Highlighted

Oh Yes pls.  Can you share the flows to my email address lcid@chevron.com?  your help is much appreciated!!

Highlighted

Hi jones2271.

Could you share the flow with me.  can you send it to francis.timpone@kinsmengroup.com

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Super User Program Update

Three Super User rank tiers have been launched!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (8,740)