cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Diablos
Frequent Visitor

Send Reminder Email once a week based on SP list value: No luck

Hello All, 

i am looking to send a reminder email once a week if a value in a SP list hasn't changed.

I have a list of projects and who they are assigned to(Email)  some are not assigned as an FYI. 

If the status value (Choice drop down)  is/or one of 2 values i want an email to go out. If it is not the specified values i dont want the email to go out. 

I have the recurrence set up but i canty get the conditions to work. Plus in the email the status value is always the same for some reason.

Diablos_0-1636213364707.png

Thank you

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
DamoBird365
Super User
Super User

Hi @Diablos 

You could probably do away with your condition and filter as part of your get items.

I have filtered my Choice list, where there is a Choice column with Choices 1,2,3.

My filter will only return 2 items based ont he following list:

DamoBird365_1-1636402788274.png

Here is the example get items:

DamoBird365_0-1636402735393.png

Please consider accepting my answer as a solution if it helps to solve your problem.

Cheers
Damien

Please take a look and subscribe to my YouTube Channel for more Power Platform ideas and concepts, or take a look at my website. Thanks

View solution in original post

Hi @Diablos 

If you return 5 rows and 1 has a missing email, the flow will still attempt to use the row without an email and return an error.  If you want to prevent this from happening, which would be best practice, you could either try an additional filter on the get data action (emailfield ne '' or emailfield ne null) and combine that with your other requirements OR you can use the filter array action and filter the values from the get data action, where the email is not equal to null/empty '' and use the results of the filter array in your apply to each.

For get data you would end up with something like:

(choice eq 'choice1' or choice eq 'choice7') and (emailfield ne '' or emailfield ne null)

Damien 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
DamoBird365
Super User
Super User

Hi @Diablos 

You could probably do away with your condition and filter as part of your get items.

I have filtered my Choice list, where there is a Choice column with Choices 1,2,3.

My filter will only return 2 items based ont he following list:

DamoBird365_1-1636402788274.png

Here is the example get items:

DamoBird365_0-1636402735393.png

Please consider accepting my answer as a solution if it helps to solve your problem.

Cheers
Damien

Please take a look and subscribe to my YouTube Channel for more Power Platform ideas and concepts, or take a look at my website. Thanks

Hello DamoBird365,

I have never used that option in Power automate. I think i typed it in wrong. 

I received bad request s an error.

I have a column named 'Status' 

Diablos_0-1636405276359.png

Hi @Diablos 

Your query looks good, the column name must match the internal name as stored on the list.  You can check the internal name by looking at the list settings, clicking on the column and looking at the URL.

DamoBird365_0-1636405557882.png

Is your status column called status or something else?

Cheers
Damien

@DamoBird365 

I got an error. The get item worked but my next action after that is to send an email reminder. 

The emails sent but i still got an error. 

Diablos_0-1636408104787.png

Diablos_1-1636408191638.png

Hi @Diablos 

One of your emails is empty. Go through each of the 5 apply to each loops and you will find the failed one.

Damien

Ok, I understand. So the flow will still run and send the email to the list items that have an email but not send to ones that don't have an email attached.

Is that correct?

Hi @Diablos 

If you return 5 rows and 1 has a missing email, the flow will still attempt to use the row without an email and return an error.  If you want to prevent this from happening, which would be best practice, you could either try an additional filter on the get data action (emailfield ne '' or emailfield ne null) and combine that with your other requirements OR you can use the filter array action and filter the values from the get data action, where the email is not equal to null/empty '' and use the results of the filter array in your apply to each.

For get data you would end up with something like:

(choice eq 'choice1' or choice eq 'choice7') and (emailfield ne '' or emailfield ne null)

Damien 

Diablos
Frequent Visitor

@DamoBird365 

Thank you so much for your help. This worked out perfect. 

@DamoBird365 

I cant seem to filter out the ones that are null 

I tried your example it didn't work I think I typed it in wrong. 

The below is what I have. It runs but gives me an error. for some of the blank fields. 

Diablos_0-1636726890436.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power automate tips 768x460 v2.png

Restore a Deleted Flow

Did you know that you could restore a deleted flow? Check out this helpful article.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Users online (3,130)