cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Matsyaf

Send a message from Power Automate to Microsoft Teams 'General' channel

Hi guys!

First of all, I am new in this Power Automate field and I got interested to learn more about it.

May I know, can power automate make a clock-in clock-out message to the Microsot Teams 'General' channel?

As you can see my attached image. Every day, each of my company staff have to send a message 'clock-in - Work From Home' or ' clock-in - Work From Office' and clock out message in our 'General' group channel so our admin can trace our attandences.

So, is there any way for me/us to just click a button in Power Automate apps in the phone when we have to clock in & out, and an automated message will send into the 'General' channel?

Looking forward to learn more about the flow and power automate. Thank you tempsnip.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sambr
Regular Visitor

Hi,

You could either do two very simple flows - one for each possibility, or create an instant (button) flow with a yes/no option when selected to choose if you are working at home or in the office. Here is the second option:

sambr_1-1618991809387.png

Steps:

Trigger with a yes/no option

Initialise a string variable called e.g. "location"

Use a condition to branch the yes/no (returns either true or false so this is what you use to compare to)

In each branch set the variable "location" to either "from home" or "at the office"

Outside the condition, use Teams "Post a message in a chat or channel"

Select to post as a user (meaning as yourself), in a channel, then you can select the group and channel that you require.

Lastly as the message you can use a default string "Check in - working " then your location variable will finish it off with either "from home" or "at the office".

While testing you could change the Post message to send a message as the Flow Bot to you personal messages to check it's working as you expect.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
sambr
Regular Visitor

Hi,

You could either do two very simple flows - one for each possibility, or create an instant (button) flow with a yes/no option when selected to choose if you are working at home or in the office. Here is the second option:

sambr_1-1618991809387.png

Steps:

Trigger with a yes/no option

Initialise a string variable called e.g. "location"

Use a condition to branch the yes/no (returns either true or false so this is what you use to compare to)

In each branch set the variable "location" to either "from home" or "at the office"

Outside the condition, use Teams "Post a message in a chat or channel"

Select to post as a user (meaning as yourself), in a channel, then you can select the group and channel that you require.

Lastly as the message you can use a default string "Check in - working " then your location variable will finish it off with either "from home" or "at the office".

While testing you could change the Post message to send a message as the Flow Bot to you personal messages to check it's working as you expect.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

Hi @sambr ,

It works!! haha thank you bro 😆

Matsyaf_0-1618996573380.png

I also make another version which I think it much easier and less click.

Matsyaf_1-1618996711167.png

😁just learn a new things today. 😊

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (976)