cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PaulVR13
Level: Powered On

Send a notification from a date in a MS form

Hello,

I'm creating a referral program for the employees of my company. Im using the "Request employee referrals using Microsoft Forms and SharePoint" template. When an employee helps us hire a new employee, they will get paid three times a year

I'd like to configure the flow to send a notification to me when the new hire has been with the company for 3 months, 6 months and 1 year. How can I accomplish this?

I figure that this could be done by having flow look at the MS form that the employee fills out for the person they helped hired

12019-04-01_1725.png22019-04-01_1726.png

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Send a notification from a date in a MS form

@PaulVR13 ,

I would do this in a separate flow that runs every day and looks at each item in the SharePoint list you are adding the items to. I would use the "apply to each" to iterate over each item. I would then compare the created date to utcNow() which will give you the current date. You can put in some sort of if statement that checks to see if "utcNow() - the created date" is over a certain number of days and if it is you can have it send an email to you.

Please give kudos and let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Also please mark as the solution if this solves your answer!

Thanks,

Dan

PaulVR13

@danmitchell36 

I'm new to MS Flow and I've played with what you've sent me and I don't know how to set the "If statment" for utcNow(). 

I've added items but I'm not able to have flow look at the date of the submition to send the notification

2019-04-02_1225.png

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @PaulVR13 ,

Could you share more details on your scenario?

“I'd like to configure the flow to send a notification to me when the new hire has been with the company for 3 months, 6 months and 1 year. How can I accomplish this?”, it seems that you have a dynamic content for “Today’s date”, do you have a date for when the employee entered company?

Do you want to send the email based on different situations? Such as 3 months, 6 months, and 1 year.

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
PaulVR13

Hi @v-yamao-msft & @danmitchell36 ,

(Pardon the extremely late response)

Yes, i'd like a notification (like an email) from flow to send out to someone every 3mo, 6mo and 1y. 

The goal is so that H.R. knows that they have to pay the employee that helpped get someone hired

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Speakers, submit your sessions now! Call for speakers ends Feb. 10!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,810)