cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pete_horan

Send a policy to the entire organization and track acceptance

Hi all,

I have a use case where I need to send a policy to the entire organization and track the employees acceptance. I did this via an excel sheet with all of the emails (which was built manually) and customized the workflow to each employee. It was hugely inefficient and there must be a better way. Please help. 

1 REPLY 1
jinivthakkar
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@pete_horan Not sure about specifics but something like this can be done :

Send email to users with their empid/email id in subject line followed by a special character

E.g. Subject - Accept this policy asap #3789/john@doe.com

and in the body add instructions for them to reply to the email as accept/reject(case sensitive)

and you can have a flow which triggers when an email is received, from the subject line you get empid/email id by doing a split operation by special character.

From the body extract the value - accept/reject and do you thing, update in a SharePoint list or excel.

Not sure if you how many users do you have, but now that you have the excel just upload it in a SharePoint list and add a column for accept/reject

Flow 1 - to send email for each item in the list 

Flow 2 - to update item when new email received/for each response.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power automate tips 768x460 v2.png

Restore a Deleted Flow

Did you know that you could restore a deleted flow? Check out this helpful article.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

Users online (2,018)