cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pete_horan

Send a policy to the entire organization and track acceptance

Hi all,

I have a use case where I need to send a policy to the entire organization and track the employees acceptance. I did this via an excel sheet with all of the emails (which was built manually) and customized the workflow to each employee. It was hugely inefficient and there must be a better way. Please help. 

1 REPLY 1
jinivthakkar
Super User
Super User

@pete_horan Not sure about specifics but something like this can be done :

Send email to users with their empid/email id in subject line followed by a special character

E.g. Subject - Accept this policy asap #3789/john@doe.com

and in the body add instructions for them to reply to the email as accept/reject(case sensitive)

and you can have a flow which triggers when an email is received, from the subject line you get empid/email id by doing a split operation by special character.

From the body extract the value - accept/reject and do you thing, update in a SharePoint list or excel.

Not sure if you how many users do you have, but now that you have the excel just upload it in a SharePoint list and add a column for accept/reject

Flow 1 - to send email for each item in the list 

Flow 2 - to update item when new email received/for each response.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (4,436)