cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daniel_Pipe
Advocate II
Advocate II

Send a table by email from SharePoint list without duplicate headers

Hi all, this is a tricky one to word correctly so thanks for your patience!

I have a flow which emails a list of all staff and their supervisor (from a SP list) however it isn't very printable which is what the customer wants AND it repeats the manager name for each employee, for example:

MANAGER      STAFF
Jodie               Mike

Jodie               Andrew

Jodie               Lisa

Jodie               Doug

Jodie               Mike

(flow screenshot below of this)

What the customer wants is more like a spreadsheet layout, such as:

Managers       Jodie        Manager 2      Manager 3     etc
Staff                Mike        List of staff      List of staff     List of staff

Andrew   List of staff      List of staff     List of staff

Doug       List of staff      List of staff     List of staff

Jane         List of staff      List of staff     List of staff

Mary        List of staff      List of staff     List of staff

I'm not even sure where to start on this one. The SP list columns are simply called:

DisplayName (calculated) =CONCATENATE([First name]," ",Surname)

Manager (People or Group)

Thanks!

Capture.PNG

3 REPLIES 3

@Daniel_Pipe - Check out this article that describes injecting CSS styling for the HTML table: https://ryanmaclean365.com/2020/01/29/power-automate-html-table-styling/

Thanks Powerback19 but I'm not so worries about the styling, I just really want to be able to list each supervisor with their staff below them in a column.

@Daniel_Pipe - Have you tried putting the dynamic content value into the "Header" area instead of the "Value" area for the HTML table step? See if this will dynamically put the Manager name in the Header row and auto-expand to the right with the correct number of the columns.

I see what you are trying to do. It's like a matrix table with dynamic columns and rows.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power automate tips 768x460 v2.png

Restore a Deleted Flow

Did you know that you could restore a deleted flow? Check out this helpful article.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Users online (1,830)