cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
daalip
Frequent Visitor

Send an Email V2 & Office 365 Outlook Sending Limits

Hello Everyone!

I have built a COVID screening flow that intakes form responses and sends out an email to the submitter with a daily pass. I have used the Office 365 Outlook connector with the send an email v2 action. As some of you may know, Outlook is not built to send bulk emails so recently we have had some throttling issues. However, the emails are usually spread out throughout the day so only during specific times are their a large amount of requests coming through at once. 

The MS documentation does have some holes and I would like to understand the sending limits better.

Exchange Online limits: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office365/servicedescriptions/exchange-online-service-description/e...

Power Automate Outlook limits: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/office365/#limits

Exchange has a limits of 30 sent emails per 60 seconds. However, the PA connector has a limit of 300 API calls per 60 seconds.

Does this mean that I am stuck at the exchange limits and the PA connector limit doesn't even coming into play? I'm thinking that the 300 API call relate to other actions and not just the send an email action, but I'm hoping I'm wrong here.

If so, and if anyone has experience the same use case, what is a good work around for this? I plan on having to send out an estimated 5000 emails per day with the potential to send at least 60 emails per 60 seconds.

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

Users online (11,617)