cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Send an Email being action being decommissioned and Send an Email V2 still in preview?

Does anyone know when the O365 Outlook Send an Email V2 action will have the preview tag removed? Send an Email is one of the actions being decommissioned on November 1, 2019 because of the move to the Graph API and our users don't want to go through and update their Flows and PowerApps to an action that is still in preview. 

Office 365 Outlook connector: Important upcoming changes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.
3 REPLIES 3
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Send an Email being action being decommissioned and Send an Email V2 still in preview?

The announcement implies that the V2 action will be made GA at the same time the original action is deprecated.  So if the Send an Email is being deprecated on nov. 1 then I would expect the V2 action would stop being preview sometime before then.  BTW, please note that the announcment says it will be "Deprecated" not "Decommisioned".  Deprecated means it will continue to work.  There will be a follow-on announcement at some point that it will be removed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Super User
Super User

Re: Send an Email being action being decommissioned and Send an Email V2 still in preview?

@Pstork1 , thanks for your response.

The part that concerns me is that it mentions the Outlook REST API v1.0 and the Office Discovery Endpoint API has been deprecated and is planned to be de-commissioned by November 1, 2019.  Do you think the depreciated actions will continue to work after those endpoints are decommissioned? 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

No idea, but I assume the product team knows and will take appropriate steps to have a replacement in place before then.  Personally I would tell people to start using the V2 action now even if its marked as Preview.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

firstImage

Better Together Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,198)