cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thoang858
Regular Visitor

Send an Email functionality that will allow the use of a variable or dynamic content from list/library people picker value.

Greetings,

I am trying to make an enhancement to one of my older workflow. This was created before or a little after the introduction of Send an Email v2. On the previous version of Send an Email, I have the option of keying in an email address, use a variable (email address) or directly configure it with the dynamic content to map it to a people picker field from a list/library.

Issue: I am trying to add another Send an Email action so that I can have the workflow send out an email to the person that submitted a new list item. 

Now that the previous Send an Email version had been removed or deprecated by Microsoft, I can not longer use that action. I have tried to copy the older version of the Send an Email but it keeps on throwing an email. I have already opened a ticket with Microsoft support but haven't heard from them yet so I am reaching out here to see if anyone has a workaround.

Thank you in advance for your time!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Thank you for your response. Sorry, I should have been more specific. Below is a screenshot of my Send an Email v2 action. If you look at the To: field, it does not allow me to insert a dynamic content, for example, list/library field or existing variable.

View solution in original post

@thoang858 click the left-right arrow above the To box and you'll be able to select from the dynamic content:

left-right-arrows.jpg

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks. 

3 REPLIES 3
efialttes
Super User
Super User

Hi
Not sure I understood the issue. Which are the limitations you found to implement your requirement with current Send an email v2? Can you share a screenshot if possible?
Thanx!

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Hi,

Thank you for your response. Sorry, I should have been more specific. Below is a screenshot of my Send an Email v2 action. If you look at the To: field, it does not allow me to insert a dynamic content, for example, list/library field or existing variable.

@thoang858 click the left-right arrow above the To box and you'll be able to select from the dynamic content:

left-right-arrows.jpg

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (3,450)