cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jain1d
Frequent Visitor

Send an Email once when a message is posted in a channel

Hi All

I am trying to create a flow which send an email with onboarding checklist to user when a new message is posted in "R&D" Teams channel.  I am able to create a flow and its working but the problem is when the same user trying to post another message he is still getting the email with onboarding checklist which is not expected.

Is there a way to set or configure the flow so that it should only send the email once in a month or only for the first time when user post a message in channel. 

3 REPLIES 3
manuelstgomes
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @jain1d 

The answer to both your questions is yes and yes.. 

If you want to trigger once a month, you need to change the trigger the "Scheduled" and define the recurrence you want your Flow to run.

Regarding the second one, I would keep a simple SharePoint list with the ones that got the email and, before posting the message, check the list to see if the value is there. Then you would avoid duplicates. 

Can you please check if and let me know if you have any questions?

Cheers
Manuel

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

F007AEF0-BCA0-40F0-9C16-40979C9E22E3.jpeg

This is My current Flow. When you said add a trigger “Schedule”. How can i configure that. 

I only see like option like Timestamp or count or unit.Not sure how to specify those. Can you share an example that would be helpful 

Thanks

Regarding the second one, I would keep a simple SharePoint list with the ones that got the email and, before posting the message, check the list to see if the value is there. Then you would avoid duplicates. 

Comming to SharePoint option. The number of user in the channel is like 2000+ its really hard to keep track of them.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Carousel

May the fourth be with you, join us online!

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Users online (60,460)