Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Send an Email when a user completes a date incorrectly

Hi All,

This is just a query but is it possible to send the creator of an item an email using flow if they  enter the date in the wrong format in a sharepoint list via powerapps. 

What i mean by that is that I want users to use the format "dd/mm/yy" if they dont then they get an email telling them to.

right now users put in whatever format they want. Ordinarily i would have used a date picker in my powerapp but im too lazy to undo it all at the moment.

Thanks for your help and happy friday 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

From your description, the type of the date column of SharePoint list seems to be  single-line text type, not the Date and Time type.

I used Create item action to test. If the date column type is Date and Time, as long as the date of the fill is valid, no matter which format, there is no difference in the format displayed in the list, so I guess the date column may be  single-line text type.

If this is what I speculate, maybe you could use following method to achieve your needs.

Use When an item is created as trigger

Use formatDateTime() function to convert the value of the date column to the format you expect.

Configure Condition to compare the converted value(String) to the value of date column(String).

If they are the same(is equal to), the user-filled date value format is expected, and if they are not the same, the message is sent.

Best Regards,

Barry

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

From your description, the type of the date column of SharePoint list seems to be  single-line text type, not the Date and Time type.

I used Create item action to test. If the date column type is Date and Time, as long as the date of the fill is valid, no matter which format, there is no difference in the format displayed in the list, so I guess the date column may be  single-line text type.

If this is what I speculate, maybe you could use following method to achieve your needs.

Use When an item is created as trigger

Use formatDateTime() function to convert the value of the date column to the format you expect.

Configure Condition to compare the converted value(String) to the value of date column(String).

If they are the same(is equal to), the user-filled date value format is expected, and if they are not the same, the message is sent.

Best Regards,

Barry

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,803)