Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rjack
Resolver I
Resolver I

Send an HTTP request to SharePoint Shared mailbox

Hello!

Is it just me or is it a limitation?

I'm using Send an HTTP request to SharePoint to send out emails. for some reason its not sending emails to a shared mailbox, error: "The e-mail message cannot be sent. Make sure the e-mail has a valid recipient.". If i replace it with a user account, the user receives the email. I hardcoded the shared mailbox like in the below sample, i used 'get user profile' to use dynamic content, both gives the same error. 

Please help!

'From': 'no-reply@sharepointonline.com',
'To': {
'results': ["account@domain.com"]
},

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
annajhaveri
Super User
Super User

@rjack  please take a look at the last response on this post https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/ie/en-US/ccae06db-6218-45be-b332-20a5b33e8961/not-able-t...that could be the solution to the issue.

Try adding the Shared mailbox address as user in the site collection which you are using the Send Http action.

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

If I have answered your question, please mark the post as Solved to help other users to identify the correct answer
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
annajhaveri
Super User
Super User

@rjack  please take a look at the last response on this post https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/ie/en-US/ccae06db-6218-45be-b332-20a5b33e8961/not-able-t...that could be the solution to the issue.

Try adding the Shared mailbox address as user in the site collection which you are using the Send Http action.

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

If I have answered your question, please mark the post as Solved to help other users to identify the correct answer
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

@annajhaveri adding shared mailbox address as member to the site collection which I'm using to send Http action resolved the issue.

Thanks a bunch! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,631)