Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sujitmu
Microsoft
Microsoft

Send an email (V2) Use a different connection

I have a flow created that I trigger manually. Below is how it is designed:

sujitmu_0-1632430718006.png

While the SharePoint activities use my connection to fetch the information, I have setup the "Send an email(V2)" to use another connection instead. I practically had the other user ""EDIT"" this flow and change the connection to their account and save it. 

Now when I trigger this flow, I hope to see an email sent from the other users inbox. 

But that is not the case. I tried testing it and the email was generated from my mailbox itself. And not the other user to whose email the activity is already connected to. I have no idea why. Can someone help?

Additional Information that I think may help:

In the "Send an email(V2)" activity, under the "Advanced Options": I have left the "From(Send as)" empty. I did this because when I placed the other users email in that field, the flow would fail with the following errors:

{
  "status": 403,
  "message": "You are not authorized to send mail on behalf of the specified sending account.\r\nclientRequestId: XYZ\r\nserviceRequestId: ZYV",
  "error": {
    "message": "You are not authorized to send mail on behalf of the specified sending account.",
    "code": "ErrorSendAsDenied",
    "originalMessage": "The user account which was used to submit this request does not have the right to send mail on behalf of the specified sending account., Cannot submit message."
  },
  "source": "office365-ABC.azurewebsites.net"
}

Now the solution to the above error is actually available via different sources where the other user has not authorize me in the ""Send AS"" list. But we already have other flows with the similar design that works just fine when I trigger it(Sends email from the other users account). But this particular flow fails in doing that. 

PLEASE NOTE: Before establishing a new connection to the "Send an email(V2)" , it was initially setup and connected to mine. But now we just need those emails delivered from the other users mailbox. 

I am tagging a few users who have tried answering problems along the same lines. I hope I get some help here.

@fchopo @dmol @SWalter 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @abm ,

I think that may work if the other user adds me in the delegation permission. However, I am showing you another flow here that actually works just fine WITHOUT the delegation permission. If I trigger this flow manually, it uses the other users mailbox accurately. 

sujitmu_0-1632509137143.png

The only difference between this flow and the flow I am working on is that:

This is triggered on a recurrence. And my flow needs to be manually triggered. 

And this flow uses SQL activities and my flow uses SharePoint activities(Both use my connection). 

So why is it that this one works and mine does not? 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
abm
Super User
Super User

Hi @sujitmu 

Is the delegate permission is configured under outlook?

How to configure "send on behalf of" permission | Engineering | Virginia Tech (vt.edu)

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog
Power Automate Video Tutorials

Hi @abm ,

I think that may work if the other user adds me in the delegation permission. However, I am showing you another flow here that actually works just fine WITHOUT the delegation permission. If I trigger this flow manually, it uses the other users mailbox accurately. 

sujitmu_0-1632509137143.png

The only difference between this flow and the flow I am working on is that:

This is triggered on a recurrence. And my flow needs to be manually triggered. 

And this flow uses SQL activities and my flow uses SharePoint activities(Both use my connection). 

So why is it that this one works and mine does not? 

Hi @sujitmu 

What is the Send Email connection settings? Is that authenticated as other user? Looks like that changes is not reflected. Could you create another flow with a single step Send an email and authenticated as other user? 

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog
Power Automate Video Tutorials

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Users online (1,315)