cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Send an email message to staff in a SharePoint list every 6 months?

Hi,

I want to send an email message to staff in a SharePoint list every 6 months (automated)? 

The staff names are in the field "Business Owner of Site", these come from Azure AD, see screenshot of list attached.

I would also like to include details of the list item in the email.

What would be the best way to approach this?

Thank you for your time,

Ollie

list.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Send an email message to staff in a SharePoint list every 6 months?

Hi @Oliver_McErlane ,

Have your problem been solved?

If yes, please go ahead and mark the post as solved by clicking “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi @Oliver_McErlane , you would do it in the way seen below. Obviously you would have different dynamic content on your list, so you just pass it down into the mail action. You simply enter start time to trigger the first Flow and away it goes. If you didn't want to send to everyone on the list every 6 months, you could add a status field and then put a condition in your flow to only send to 'open' items for example.

app1.PNG

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my reply was helpful consider giving a THUMBS UP or if it solved your issue, please ACCEPT SOLUTION so others can find it.

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Hi @Oliver_McErlane, -  @CollabTechie  had posted while I was preparing my response, but I'll post it anyway.

This is a very common scenario for flows. Starting with your list, it would be best to have a column where you actually enter the email address of the business owner.

In your flow your trigger would be a Recurrence schedule trigger and set it to run every 6 months

You then add a SharePoint Get items action to get the items from the list.

Inside an apply to each control, if you want to personalise the email you could add an Office 365 Users Get User Profile (v2) action action and add in the BusinessOwnerEmail column as the source of the data.

Then add a Send an email (v2) action. To make it more nicely-formatted you need to click the </> icon and add in html for line breaks, horizontal rules and links to any logo.

In the example below I've of course used my email address for each of the business owners.

0-SP-list.png

1-Trigger-Get.png

2-Apply-User.png

3-SendEmail.png

4-Email.png

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Oliver_McErlane ,

Have your problem been solved?

If yes, please go ahead and mark the post as solved by clicking “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,458)