cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kbrackman
Regular Visitor

Send an email to a specific person depending on a field they select on the form

Hello! I'm very very new to Power Automate. I have a creative brief form that, depending on the department they choose, should be sent to that department's team lead. I saw some posts about using Get Response, Apply to each (I have no idea what this even means) and then using a control But when I use "equals to" on the control, the field that it equals to doesn't pull the option I want. Help!

6 REPLIES 6
Rhiassuring
Super User
Super User

Hi there, 

I'd recommend first creating a SharePoint List where you can store the name of each department in one column, and then the name (using a People / Group field) of the Department Manager using the other. 

A few questions so we can give you the right advice...

- Can the user only select a single department? Or multiple departments?
- Will you send an Email or an Approval Task to the Department Manager?
- How many different departments are there?

Cheers,

Rhia

Did this answer your question? Please mark it as the solution.
Did it contribute positively towards finding the final solution? Please give it a thumbs up.

I answer questions on the forum for 2-3 hours every Thursday!

Thanks so much for the reply!

They should be able to select multiple departments. We'd like to send just an email to the department manager. 

There are 3 departments.

My hiccup was that when I'd try to the condition, the Department contains (the different departments won't show up. The questions will show up but not the options for the questions, if that makes sense). I've attached screenshots. I tried it multiple ways such as including an "Apply to each" which I don't really understand what that means. Maybe my logic is off? Edit your flow _ Power Automate (1).pngEdit your flow _ Power Automate.pngform.PNG

Hi Rhia. I still need help.

Shujaath_Khan
Super User
Super User

Hi @kbrackman 

As the departments are limited to three can you try switch instead of condition and send mail to respective department manager? This way you can customize mail content and set manager as needed. Good starter way though.

shujaathkhan_0-1654889174423.png

Thanks

If this post helps, please consider Accepting it as the solution. Thumbs up if it helped you other way.

kbrackman
Regular Visitor

Oooh, I will try that, thank you!

Shujaath_Khan
Super User
Super User

sure and let us know

Thanks

Please click Accept as Solution on this reply if it helped to solve your issue, and thumbs-up if you feel this is useful or important in other ways as a boost.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Users online (1,902)