cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send email comments from approval in one email

I have a flow which sends an email to 3 users and is set for "everyone must approve". Under if yes, I would like one email to be sent out to everyone with the comments that were added under the approve button. Every time I try and add "responses comments", it creates a loop and ends up sending multiple emails. Is there a way to add all of the comments to just one email?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi
If I were you I would do the following:
1.- Before your Condition action block, add an 'Initialize variable' action block, Name 'myResponsesArray', Type Array, Value empty
2.- Inside your Apply to each, replace 'send a new email' and add 'Append to Array variable' action block instead. Assign it 'Responses Comments' dynamic input as its value.
3.- At the bottom of your 'True branch' of your condition, but OUTSIDE 'Apply to Each', add 'Send new email' with your three email addresses.
In the body add the following expression:
join(variables('myResponsesArray'),' # ')

Hope this helps

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Super User III
Super User III

Yes, you can!

Can you please share a screenshot of your current flow?

Also let me see if I understood your expectations: whenever one Approver clicks on approve, you would like to send one single email to all approvers with his/her comments, right?

Thanx!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Below is the screenshot. Right now it sends everyone 3 emails. I want those 3 emails consolidated into one with everyone reposes.

Approval.JPG

Hi
If I were you I would do the following:
1.- Before your Condition action block, add an 'Initialize variable' action block, Name 'myResponsesArray', Type Array, Value empty
2.- Inside your Apply to each, replace 'send a new email' and add 'Append to Array variable' action block instead. Assign it 'Responses Comments' dynamic input as its value.
3.- At the bottom of your 'True branch' of your condition, but OUTSIDE 'Apply to Each', add 'Send new email' with your three email addresses.
In the body add the following expression:
join(variables('myResponsesArray'),' # ')

Hope this helps

Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

That worked great! How would I show who each comes from? I assume that would be within the append to array variable section.

Edit: Just added responses approver name and it worked great! Thank you! I've just discovered some of the small power of this platform and I'm excited to spend more time developing with it. Thank you!

First of all, thanx for marking this topic as solved!

Now, let's talk about the new challenge.

My suggestion is to add 'Responses Approvers Name' dynamic input in the same 'Append to Array' variable together with the 'REsponses Comments' dynamic input. You can separate them by addinga special character in the middle: a colon, a space or whatever.

Hope this helps

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (90,867)