cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AntonioT

Send email from Sharepoint with multiple attachments - no lists

Hello - starting off by saying that I am not a programmer or an IT person.  Just a regular person that enjoys using automation in any way possible.  I have spent countless hours researching one of probably the most basic fundamental tasks that people do on a day-to-day basis  - attaching files to a single email and sending them to a recipient in Outlook.    Sounds easy enough, but it appears there are some advanced techniques in various suggestions I have found by watching YT or researching the internet.      I guess I will start off by asking - can this task be accomplished without the use of Lists in O365?  I'm just not yet there on understanding or even appreciating how Lists will make matters easier for file management on SharePoint.   From a "layman's" perspective, if SharePoint is used as a cloud based group sharing site for simply storing files (Excel files, PDFs, etc.), then isn't it conceivable that creating a Power Automate rule when a new file is created,  and then build a flow to grab those files to append them to a single email?  Can this not be done without the use of advanced functions like Lists?  Sorry this is long-winded post - just trying to provide some practical prose on the challenge being faced.  

Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@AntonioT 

A "List" is really just a SharePoint list - nothing too special about them.  It is possible (and not hard) to created a Flow that sends an email with a file attached when a new file is created.  Attaching multiple files to the email does take some work but it isn't difficult.

Can you provide some additional detail on what you want to do?

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

Hola, @AntonioT !
As @ScottShearer suggests, the more context info you provide on your challenge, the faster you will get a useful suggetion. 
Lists can be used as an input for the multiple files you need to attach to an email... but also you can use as the input Microsoft Dataverse, Sharepoint libraries, your own OneDrive, Microsoft Forms, also Planner, PowerApps... even you can have a manual trigger to be executed from PowerAutomate Console, requesting for a zip file through a custom input, unzip it by means of the Onedrive connector, and attach its files to an email
Good luck with your challenge!

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

MPA Licensing.jpg

Ask your licensing questions at the Power Automate AMA!

Join Priya Kodukula and the licensing team, super users and MVPs to find answers to your questions on Power Automate licensing.

Users online (2,651)