cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NBMS_2019
Helper II
Helper II

Send email reminder 30 days after hired date

I have a SharePoint list with a column "employee start or hired date".

I want to send an email reminder once 30 days have passed from the hired date then another after 60 days if status column is still showing in progress. Need help with this.

Do I need to run a recurrence power automate to check the list everyday? Thanks for your help.

8 REPLIES 8
VictorIvanidze
Community Champion
Community Champion

Yes - create a scheduled cloud flow and run it every working day.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Contact me if you are interested in custom Power Automate development.

reminder.jpg

The Start Date has this value 1999-05-17T00:00:00Z but I am getting this error message. I am just adding 1 day for testing purpose.

Unable to process template language expressions in action 'Delay_until' inputs at line '0' and column '0': 'The template language function 'addDays' expects its first parameter to be a string that contains the time. The provided value is of type 'Null'. Please see https://aka.ms/logicexpressions#adddays for usage details.'.

VictorIvanidze
Community Champion
Community Champion

It means that there is no triggerBody()?[StartDate']

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Contact me if you are interested in custom Power Automate development.

Thank you for your help. I added a calculated data 30day column to add 30 days from the start date column then run a recurrence power automate to run everyday to check 30days date = UTCNOW then send a reminder. Had to do a number of formatdate expression to match dates 00/00/2022 = 00/00/2022 format.

@NBMS_2019 

Please remember that a Flow can run for a maximum of 30 days. 

You probably should re-write your Flow to use a Recurrence trigger (as suggested by @VictorIvanidze) that fires every day.

Then, you'll retrieve rows from your data source that meet your criteria, loop through them and send an email to each.

Where is your data stored?  SharePoint?  What type of column is your Status column?  A choice column?

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

Thank you for your input - already doing it - "run a recurrence power automate to run everyday"

@NBMS_2019 

Are you saying that you have solved your issue?  If not, please post a screen shot of your current Flow.  If you are using the recurrence trigger, you don't want to have the delay action that is shown in the screen shot that you posted.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott
hammedabdulazee
Frequent Visitor

Please if you have resolved the issue, kindly post the screenshot here as i have the same requirements. Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (4,051)