cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Send email reminders based on request status column in SharePoint list

Hi,

I want to send email reminders to respective email IDs based on the request status column in the SharePoint list.

I have columns as Manager email ID and Request Status, I want to send weekly reminders to managers if the request status is Pending in the SharePoint list.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hello Team,

This is very easy to implement. i am sharing the steps in detail over here.

First look at my list -

Here I have two columns, one is email which is my managers email address to which the email needs to be sent and one is choice column with internal name StatusOfApproval .

yashkamdar_3-1603128212577.png

Step 1 - Create a Scheduled flow that will repeat itself every 7 days and send emails on Sunday, you can choose any day from the bottom.

yashkamdar_0-1603127822617.png

Step 2- Get items

Here I will only get the items that have StatusofApproval eq 'Pending'. I need to enter this query in filter query so I get all the items as per my requirement.

yashkamdar_1-1603128035079.png

Step 3 -  Loop each item and send an email.

Very easy part, where I loop each item that has status pending and then using dynamic content send the email to the EMAIL value present in that list item.

I am also adding the Link to the item in the body of the email so managers can quickly navigate to the item if they want to check it out.

yashkamdar_2-1603128158391.png

Just follow these steps and your flow will work smoothly.  Please do accept it as solution if this works for you.

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hello Team,

This is very easy to implement. i am sharing the steps in detail over here.

First look at my list -

Here I have two columns, one is email which is my managers email address to which the email needs to be sent and one is choice column with internal name StatusOfApproval .

yashkamdar_3-1603128212577.png

Step 1 - Create a Scheduled flow that will repeat itself every 7 days and send emails on Sunday, you can choose any day from the bottom.

yashkamdar_0-1603127822617.png

Step 2- Get items

Here I will only get the items that have StatusofApproval eq 'Pending'. I need to enter this query in filter query so I get all the items as per my requirement.

yashkamdar_1-1603128035079.png

Step 3 -  Loop each item and send an email.

Very easy part, where I loop each item that has status pending and then using dynamic content send the email to the EMAIL value present in that list item.

I am also adding the Link to the item in the body of the email so managers can quickly navigate to the item if they want to check it out.

yashkamdar_2-1603128158391.png

Just follow these steps and your flow will work smoothly.  Please do accept it as solution if this works for you.

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Sorry

Deleting my content as answer is given by @yashkamdar .

Thanks

Hardesh

Highlighted

Hello @Hardesh15 ,

That is okay buddy.

Sometimes it becomes difficult to understand what is happening to a question because for posting a reply you are navigated to a different page and there is a possibility someone else has already replied.

Appreciate your honesty with this one. Cheers buddy !!

Highlighted

@yashkamdar Thanks for your support, it worked like a charm.

I was not much aware of Filter Query.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,758)