cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TecFX
Advocate I
Advocate I

Send email when a Flow fails

Is there a way to receive a notification or email when a Flow fails?

I have been attemtping to create a Flow that would send an email or send a push notification notifcation when a Flow fails. Has anyone figured out how to do something like that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi TecFX,

Currently, we can check flow status by clicking the List runs icon or Notifications button in flow.
List runs icon:

list runs icon.PNG

Notifications button:

Notifications button.PNG

But it seems that currently when a flow fails, we are not able to configure the flow to send an email or a push notification. As flow is being improved, I would suggest you submit an idea at Flow Ideas Forum:
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi TecFX,

Currently, we can check flow status by clicking the List runs icon or Notifications button in flow.
List runs icon:

list runs icon.PNG

Notifications button:

Notifications button.PNG

But it seems that currently when a flow fails, we are not able to configure the flow to send an email or a push notification. As flow is being improved, I would suggest you submit an idea at Flow Ideas Forum:
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks a bunch. I already know how to review the status of a flow. I have taken your suggestion and posted a Flow Idea.

It would be great to be able to trigger an action based on a failure or success notification.

Hello @TecFX

I found your request interesting so I applied a vote to your ideas; I shaere the link so maybe if others have the same request can find quickly the idea to vote:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/Access-to-Flow-Status/idi-p/8897

--

Regards,

Marco Mangiante

Thanks, bud!

I voted for it too. One o the items i  need to include in my flow is to send an email if the 'Get Manager' action returned empty. Since we discovered that not all employees has 'manager' assigned to them in the A/D.

Hello @Tamras

have you tried to create a condition where you set for example the statement "Manager equals to [null]" then send an email that inform you? 

--

Regards,

Marco Mangiante

@mmangiante I did. It didnt send any email out. It would be nice if the Get User Profile includes the manager field then I could just use that and test if the manager field is blank.

I had our A/D guy remove the manager assigned to my test account.

GetMgrIsBlank.png

GetMgrIsBlank2.png

Hello @Tamras

so you created something similar to this?

flow get manager condition.png

Sorry, the fields are in italian but hope you understand the meaning. 

Let me know: sincerely I only don't know if the empty value of the condition is good.

--

Regards,

Marco Mangiante

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (3,428)