cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Send email with attachment

Good day.

Not sure if this has been discussed in the forum previously, I searched but couldn't get much about it.

I have been struggling to get the correct file type attachement for the whole day now, and resortet to the community.

I have followed several examples on the net without success. The email gets sent to me, but with the wrong file type. I can't open it with any program on my pc!

Here is my flow:

This is the flowThis is the flowThis is the email I getThis is the email I getSo why would this be happening. If you need more detail please let me now.

Thanks for any replies.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Grootbaas,

Could you please show a bit more about your “Send an email” action?

Do you want to save the data of Excel file as an attachment file of your email?

I agree with @efialttes’s thought almost, I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:

• Choose a proper trigger, here I use Flow Button trigger.
  • Add “Get rows” action, specify File name and Table name.
  • Add “Create CSV table” action, From set to output of “Get rows” action, Include headers set to Yes, Columns set to Custom.
  • Add a “Send an email” action, Attachment Name field set to Daily.csv, Attachments Content set to output of “Create CSV table” action.

Image reference:2.JPG

3.JPG

The flow works successfully as below:4.JPG

5.JPG

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
efialttes
Super User
Super User

Hi

Can you share a screenshot with the inputs you chose for "Send an email" action block?

My first impression is that you are including "Create CSV table" action directly in the email body.

If so, you can try to include as an attachment insted.

In this template you'll find an example of how  a CSV table is converted into a file

https://us.flow.microsoft.com/en-us/galleries/public/templates/79095f001ee911e79dc3835964ea3218/copy...

The template stores the file into Drive, but you can add it to "Send an email" action bock as an attachment instead

Hope this helps

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Grootbaas,

Could you please show a bit more about your “Send an email” action?

Do you want to save the data of Excel file as an attachment file of your email?

I agree with @efialttes’s thought almost, I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:

• Choose a proper trigger, here I use Flow Button trigger.
  • Add “Get rows” action, specify File name and Table name.
  • Add “Create CSV table” action, From set to output of “Get rows” action, Include headers set to Yes, Columns set to Custom.
  • Add a “Send an email” action, Attachment Name field set to Daily.csv, Attachments Content set to output of “Create CSV table” action.

Image reference:2.JPG

3.JPG

The flow works successfully as below:4.JPG

5.JPG

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Worked for me!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello friends!

I want to send a customize email to my colleagues and I need to insert an imagen in the the body of the message, but I don´t know how. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Users online (3,016)