Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abd3127
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Send email with option actions timeout

Hello guys,

I am using "Send email with options" action. 

The logic is that the flow will check a SP List in which there are some roles defined.If these roles match my current condition in flow it sends a email via "send email with option" action.

But if there is no action on this email like Selecting one of the choices given in the email, the flow waits (i think its 30 days) and then after that the flow should get terminated.

But i am getting another email after approx 27-29 days. 

What is the exact timeout for "Send email with options"? and how can i stop flow from sending these extra emails??

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuazh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ abd3127,

Do you mean you would recieve another email after approx 27-29 days if you don't make a response to the email with options?

Could you please share more details about the another email?Is it the same as the first email which with options?

The timeout for flow is 30 days currently.

If the another email is the same as the first email which with options,please check if your flow has run again so you would recieve the email again.

If your your flow hasn't run again and you recieve the email again, so the email is sent by the first run of the flow, I afraid that maybe the "Send email with options" action in your flow has retry policy.please refer to screenshot below to set the retry policy of the "Send email with options" action to None.

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Pleas elet me know if your problem could be solved.

Regards,
Alice Zhang

Hello @v-yuazh-msft

yes, i get the same mail after 27-29 days with same content.

My flow hasnt run for the same condition again.

I will check for the retry policy

Thanks

Hi could you please let me know if after setting retry policy options will email be sent automatically if user has not responded?

if so what would be the frequency and timings? will a new flow instance be created?

Is there any workaround to achieve this functionality.

Thanks,

Sru

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (4,721)