cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pmontrastelle
Level: Powered On

Send function sends multiple emails with .png attachments

I have created a basic flow to send an email when an email comes into a Shared Box.  But when it runs it sends over 3-4 emails each time.  The 1st email will be correct with the attachment from the original email.  the subsequent emails all contain a .png file with segments of the peoples signatures from the previous email.  How can i have it send out the first email only and stop?image.png

8 REPLIES 8
Super User
Super User

Re: Send function sends multiple emails with .png attachments

@pmontrastelle :

Here is a link to a blog post that shows you exactly how to attach multiple files to a single email.

If this addresses your issue, please mark your post as Solved.

If you like my solution, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @pmontrastelle ,

It's worth noting that if  only send the first email, you may only get one attachment. If you include additional attachments, it is difficult to get all the attachments completely (without signatures).

If the message received in Shared mailbox contains only one attachment, you could use variables to record the order in which the messages are sent.

"Send an email" is only allowed when the variable is less than 1.

Image reference:

38.PNG

Also, if you want to get all the attachments, you could consider using the method mentioned in the link provided by Scott, which will include all the attachments including peoples signatures.

Please take a try.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
pmontrastelle

All of the emails that come in to this shared box only have 1 attachment.  I am trying to send the attachment and ignore any signatures which generate seperate emails each time after the 1st email.  When Flow sends the email it attaches the attachment correctly but sends subsequent emails becuase of images in the senders signatures.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @pmontrastelle ,

I have already tested on my side using the Flow I provided. When the received email contains multiple attachments, only one email will be sent and the expected attachment will be included.

Try using the method I provided to configure Flow, which seems to be able to achieve your needs.

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
pmontrastelle

The Original Email only contains one attachment.  The send function creates multiple attachments because User signatures which consist of images are parsed as a seperate attachments which generates say 2-5 emails depeding on how many images are in their signature.  Does that make sense?

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @pmontrastelle ,

Have you tried the method I provided?

Regards,

Highlighted
pmontrastelle

I have, it still sends mutiple emails.  The first with the original attachemnt, a second with a .png file from the signature and a 3rd email with another .png file from the signature.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @pmontrastelle ,

Could you share screenshots of Flow configuration?

If you use variables, the Send an email action will only execute the first time, so only one email will be received.

Best Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Users Online
Currently online: 337 members 5,805 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: