cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Abrahams1
Level: Powered On

Send wishes to employee on birthday flow

Hi, my flow runs successfully but does not send mail. Any help?

flow-one.PNGflow-three.PNGflow-two.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Send wishes to employee on birthday flow

Hi @Abrahams1 ,

First, we can ignore the error that appears in Flow. That is because the specified field value is empty, so the formatDateTime() function cannot be executed, but it does not affect the filtering of the correct items.

Try changing MM-DD-YYYY to MM-dd, or you can refer directly to the screenshot in my previous post.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Super User
Super User

Hi @Abrahams1 I think you should be comparing today's date utcNow() with the actual birthdate in the SharePoint list. If they are the same then send the email. But you don't seem to be doing that. Have a look at the blog post at https://www.enjoysharepoint.com/send-happy-birthday-email-to-employees-using-microsoft-flow/ which might help you.

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

Super User
Super User

@Abrahams1 

I agree with the commenst made by @RobElliott 

In addition, you might try looking at the output of Get items in one of your runs.  Scroll down and take a look at the actual data returned for the calcBday column.  Make sure what is returned matches the value to which you are comparing.  In other words, do the formats match?

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott
Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Abrahams1 ,

If the employee's birthday recorded in the list contains the year, then you also need to format the date into a consistent format.

Like:

97.PNG

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Abrahams1
Level: Powered On

Thank you all for your help so far. Currently, the flow sends mail to the recipient but picks everybody in that month and not the day.

flow1.PNGflow2.PNGA formatting error?flow3.PNGsharepoint column

AKRogers
Level 8

@Abrahams1,

That error on the condition in your screenshot is happening because, for some of the items, there isn't an actual value.  You can avoid this by adding more conditions to handle nulls, something like this: 

CompoundConditions.png

In my example, the condition I care about is the first line and the second line is simply there to make sure I'm only checking the condition where that particular field isn't empty.

Ashley

If you found this helpful, consider giving it a thumbs up!

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Abrahams1 ,

First, we can ignore the error that appears in Flow. That is because the specified field value is empty, so the formatDateTime() function cannot be executed, but it does not affect the filtering of the correct items.

Try changing MM-DD-YYYY to MM-dd, or you can refer directly to the screenshot in my previous post.

Best Regards,

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,764)