Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stevenls
Helper II
Helper II

Sending an external email from Teams based on a mention

Hi there,

Apologies if this is the wrong forum but not sure the best place to put this.

I was hoping for users to be able to mention the service desk in a teams channel and then anything they type after the mention ends up in the body of an email that is sent to the service desk.

So basically "@servicedesk - I cannot log into my Linux machine at the moment, but my windows machine works fine"  This would result in an email to the servicedesk, from the person who is logged into teams and the part after the - ends up in the body of the email and the subject is just a generic "issue from teams reported" or something.

Is this possible?

5 REPLIES 5
sakula1996
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi @stevenls ,

I believe as of now it's only possible using Microsoft Flow.

Option 1 Using PVA -> Power Virtual Agent(PVA) it integrates seamlessly with MS Teams. PVA uses NLP to understand users intent and trigger appropriate Microsoft Flow.

Option 2 : Triggering from MS Teams message

• Click on ellipses next to the message.
  • Click on more actions then trigger Flow from there
  • Note : I believe flow should be created in default env, to see it in MS Teams

sakula1996_0-1609728073391.png

Thanks, I will have a read up on both of them now.  Looking at your example, that is EXACTLY the outcome I am trying to get to.  Report an issue from within teams and then get the Incident ID back to the user.

sakula1996
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Awesome. If you need any help with ServiceNow and Flow integration let me know.

Thanks

This is for Cherwell so not sure what is tucked away that I can connect to yet.

stevenls
Helper II
Helper II

ok so I have got the sending of the email flow working ok.. but I am trying to find a trigger to setup that will look for an @ServiceDesk mention in any channel to then trigger the flow.  I am looking at the flow bot stuff but it all seems to need to work in a specific channel

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (17,561)