cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Roshanjaiswal53
Frequent Visitor

Sending data from database using teams adaptive card and updating it based on users input

Hello Developers!

I have a scenario where i am sending data(from dataverse) to users using teams adaptive cards, the users then update their data from adaptive cards by giving input. i have to use that input and update the record in dataverse.

To do so i am following this method : 

i am sending an adaptive card, for which i have a separate flow which triggers when someone responds to the adaptive card which i have sent. 

but i am unable to get the CardTypeId in the "post an adaptive card to teams" action(first image) which will bind both these flows('post adaptive card' and  'when someone responds to an adaptive card') together. 

i can use the outputs from 'when someone responds to an adaptive card' to update data in dataverse.

Also is there any alternative ways to achieve this? 

Note : i am creating another trigger 'when someone responds to an adaptive card' because i can't use the outputs from "post an adaptive cards to teams" in next steps as it is looped.

Roshanjaiswal53_0-1661777034129.png

Roshanjaiswal53_1-1661777044480.png

Thanks in advance,

Roshan Jaiswal

1 REPLY 1
v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Roshanjaiswal53 ,

An interesting question. I found that only when 'Post as' is set to 'Flow bot', it will provide a parameter called 'Card type ID' in 'post an adaptive card to teams' action .

vxiaochenmsft_0-1661927359958.png

vxiaochenmsft_1-1661927410386.png

So I guess the trigger is only available for 'flow bot adaptive card' currently.

Best Regards,

Wearsky

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (1,661)