cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sending e-mail to different people based on e-mail contents

Hello!

I just started using Flow to make a simple workflow that sends an email whenever a new item is add to my SharePoint list.

What I want to do, is change the address the email is sent to based on the "Title" of my SharePoint list, is there a way to do this?

Thanks in advance!

P.S. Added an image of my flowAppRegistroDeFalhasFlow.JPGMyFlow

2 REPLIES 2
Charlon_
Frequent Visitor

Re: Sending e-mail to different people based on e-mail contents

Hi @Anonymous,

You could use switch action or condition, but if you have more than two options from your "Title" better go with switch, then create a variable email address on every success hits of switch case action.
Then simply put the variable on the Send Mail To:

Hope this helps.

Flow Sample.PNG

Super User
Super User

Re: Sending e-mail to different people based on e-mail contents

As noted, you can use a switch statement and a global variable. That’s the easiest solution.

But, be aware of where your SharePoint list items are coming from. Is it from a structure process so that the Title field is accuracy and predictable? If the items are being created by “humans” then make sure you account for human error.

Also, what email addresses will the alerts be going to? If they’re are shared mailboxes or distribution groups then fine. But if they are named users then you are better to create a lookup, such as a SharePoint list, that holds the Title strings and associated alert email address. This makes your solution infinitely more maintainable when users who need to be alerted changes.

- Mark

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Automate Community!

firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Users online (6,719)