cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NathanFra
Advocate I
Advocate I

Sending email to user currently using powerapp

Currently, the application has a button built in that uses the onselect of ; Office365Outlook_1.SendEmail(User().Email,"Patient Valuable Log", HtmltoEmail.HtmlText, {IsHtml:true})

It works fine for sending the HTML table of listed items to the email. The only issue is they want the email to be sent from a 'Master' account that they do not have access to.

So I went through the Power Automate route, the only thing I am stuck on is this ---

I want the user that is currently using the app to be the one that receives the email when they click the 'Send to Email button in the app. I have the flow setup so that it will send the email, the only thing I am struggling with is how Automate knows who is currently using the app for the 'Send an Email (V2)'s recipient field. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DeepakS
Super User
Super User

Hi @NathanFra , When you call your flow from Power Apps button pass the user email [user().Email], and use this email in your flow.

Regards,

DS

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
DeepakS
Super User
Super User

Hi @NathanFra , When you call your flow from Power Apps button pass the user email [user().Email], and use this email in your flow.

Regards,

DS

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (1,787)