cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
niks098
Frequent Visitor

Service Account for Send Email (V2) on behalf

Hi Everyone,

I have this scenario in our PowerApp (Leave Form) that when a user request for a leave, an email will be send to him as a confirmation.

I want to make this email to send on behalf of the Approver but

Since our employee need to use the app using their credential, the connection used in Send Email (V2) is their account.

Now, since it is their account connection, it means that if I want to use the Send email on behalf I need to give/add permission for the Approver (Supervisor) which I think have a security issue. 

Actually I tried using a Service Account but what should be the workaround because every employee use their credential in Send Email connection.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
manuelstgomes
Community Champion
Community Champion

HI @niks098 

The "Send email" will always send the email on behalf of the user that is defined in the connection. 

I know it's not ideal, but what you can do is make the email being sent from that service account and add to the text "Approved by: <name of the person>" and then you'll have a much simpler solution without the need to configure multiple users or share authentication. Think of the burden it will be to manage all those connections.

I recommend keeping it simple, and it will work exactly the same.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Cheers
Manuel

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
manuelstgomes
Community Champion
Community Champion

HI @niks098 

The "Send email" will always send the email on behalf of the user that is defined in the connection. 

I know it's not ideal, but what you can do is make the email being sent from that service account and add to the text "Approved by: <name of the person>" and then you'll have a much simpler solution without the need to configure multiple users or share authentication. Think of the burden it will be to manage all those connections.

I recommend keeping it simple, and it will work exactly the same.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Cheers
Manuel

I guess, this is the only workaround for this scenario.

So what I will do is to give send on behalf permission on all employees to service account and add that text. 

Thank you so much @manuelstgomes

so where exactly would I put the 

"Approved by: <name of the person>" text you are referring to? in the body of the email???? and would <name of the person> be the owner of the account?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations 768x460.png

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022- Season 2 has kicked off!

Users online (3,790)