cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Now List Record Action Hangs/retreis

I have created a flow that makes use of a Service Now Connector to list records from Service Now and then imports the data into iServer. The problem I am facing is when I target a hand full of records in Service Now all works as expected and the flow runs successfully. As soon as I try and target all of the records (25 000) in a specific table the flow freezes/retries on the Service Now List record action. I have amended the limit value which the default is 10 000 and also got the Service Now admins to amend their JSON and XML default limit of 10 000 but it still doesn't go past the list records action. If someone can please give me some advice as I am a newby to Power Automate and cant seem to get the bottom of the problem being experienced.

2 REPLIES 2
Super User II
Super User II

HI @sduplessis 

Your first instinct is correct. YOu should limit the number of records because it's a lot.

Have you checked if the API has limits on the Service Now part?

I would proceed with the batching. You can get the full amount of records, break them down into smaller chunks in Power Automate and then send them to Service Now.

Can you please check if and let me know if you have any questions?

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Cheers
Manuel

Thank you Manuel, I believe there are Default Quota rules in Service Now with REST API timeout limits set as default that could possibly prevent the action to complete. I have scheduled a meeting with our Service Now Team to discuss and amend to see whether this could be problem. Will update with solution as soon as we manage to get the culprit.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Users online (11,114)