cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amco
Frequent Visitor

Set trigger value as variable/automate copy of template

Hey,

This might be complex and something that can't be done in Flow, but if you have any idea on how I can do it (either flow or script) I would be grateful!

I'm trying to automate the process of saving shared inbox emails to an excel on sharepoint for statistic count. I've managed to get it to work with this flow:

amco_0-1622538281419.png

But as I wrote in the picture, is there a way to make the field "Original mailbox address" a variable that is changed dependent on a sharepoint list where more email addresses will be added?

Alternatively, copy the template and create a new flow for every new address added to the sharepoint list. Without any manual steps. 

Or do you have any other way you would go to get this to work with scripting?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
rsaikrishna
Community Champion
Community Champion

@amco 

Create a Shared email box such as xyz@domain.com

Create an email forward rule from each email box you are tracking in the SharePoint list and forward every new email to xyz@domain.com.  

With above two steps, whenever a new email is received in one of the email boxes, it will be always forwarded to xyz@domain.com

Now, create a flow with trigger for New email check on xyz@domain.com. In the flow, use Switch command to identify the From email address to know from which email it was sent from.

I hope this approach will help you to address your requirement.

Regards

Krishna Rachakonda

If this reply helped you to solve the issue, please mark the post as Accepted SolutionMarking this post as Accepted Solution, will help many other users to use this post to solve same or similar issue without re-posting the issue in the group. Saves a lot of time for everyone.
amco
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the reply Krishna.

I understand what you mean, and it's an option. But it will still require me to edit the "Original mailbox address"-field in "When a new email arrives in a shared mailbox (V2). 

I want this automated, so basically, is there a way to make the field "Original mailbox address" a variable that can be changed dependent on an input from a list?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (4,846)