cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jramos

Setting condition to look for a date 150 days from now

Hello, 

I am fairly new to flow. I am really hoping someone can help me here. 

I have an excel file with future dates of accounts that need to be worked on before they expire (this would be the Exp. Date column). I am looking to setup a flow that will look at these dates and notify me when an account hits the 150 day mark from today so that it can remind me to begin working on that account. 

I can seem to get the flow to work at all. Any help would be appreciated! Capture.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
leyburn19
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

encase your format date expression with and addDays() So would be something like

addDays(formatDateTime(utcNow(),'yyyy-MM-dd'),150)

Thank you @leyburn19 ! Anything you would suggest I do with the left side of the Condition where I have the Exp. Date value from the excel file? Looks like its not reading that as a date. The flow runs fine but the output seems to be false for every row which it shouldn't. There's at least one that it should pull 150 days from today. 

leyburn19
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Yes there are issues with Flow reading dates from Excel.

In your apply to each - before the condition add a compose that extracts your date and formats it forts.  Then use teh compose in teh condition

yashag2255
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @jramos 

In the List rows present in a table action, click on the show advanced options and then select the date format as shown in the image below. 

yashag2255_0-1618207387632.png

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Users online (1,981)